Monday, March 8, 2010

Wren's Movie Review

So I just finished watching the newest Michael Moore film "Capitalism: A Love Story" and I have to say it was his best yet.

Now I understand that many people have issues with Mr. Moore and his films but I still feel this one s a must see. He has shifted from his high-minded (but enlightening) attacks that we all know from "Bowling for Columbine" and "Fahrenheit 9/11" to presenting a sound argument.

In the film he takes on the American banking system and what it has turned this country into. More so he is calling the rally cry to all American to take back their country. The closing scene of the film says it all.

(Voice over on a black screen)Moore: I refuse to live in a country like this. And I'm not leaving.
(Fade to scene of Moore placing crime scene tape around Goldman Sachs, CitiBank, etc.)
(Fade to black with voice over by Moore)Moore: You know I cant really do this anymore unless those of you watching this in the theater want to join me... Speed it up.

JR watched some of the film with me and his responses spoke volumes about the common felling about this topic. It depressed him. He said it made him feel powerless and depressed because he is about to be forced into this bleak world where he too will be exploited for the riches of the top 1%.

It amazed me that a 17 year old would feel this way about the world around him. What legacy are we leaving for our children if this system of corruption and exploitation continues? It is time that we stop waiting for someone else to stand up first and fight for our future. If we all step forward then none of us will be alone. I am making my first efforts with this blog t take my country back. What will you do? We can either sit back and bitch that there are no jobs and the economy i in the shitter or we can do something.

I liken it to having your house on fire while you sit in your living room waiting for the fire department rather than getting out the garden hose and doing something. This country is on fire and being looted and we are sitting by thinking we are powerless. WE ARE THE "We The People"!!! It is OUR country not he bank's. The sad part is that we are now in a situation where any that we could vote for are just as corrupt as the banks themselves (cause they work for both). The time has come for us to take action. Now I know I only have a few readers but for every 1 person that reads this they know 10 more. Take to the streets in peaceful protest. Phone or email your elected officials and if they wont listen vote them out. If you are being forced out of your home by a bank DON'T LEAVE. If they are stealing your money quit using the bank.

Just like the commercials say: "ITS MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW!!!" More so: IT IS MY COUNTRY AND I WANT IT NOW!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment